Grandma Moss turned 80 years old today! After church everyone came out to have dinner at moms to celebrate. Grandma has 10 grandchildren ranging from 1 year old to 41 and 21 great grandchildren ranging from 4 months to 23. We decided to have all the grand kids and adults write their favorite memory of grandma and then mom put them in a little book for her to keep and read. It was fun to read what everyone wrote! Grandma is a strong lady. She has been through a lot in her life. She is a hard worker and can make do with very little. I love that about her. I love to go over there and listen to her tell tales of her life. She is the last one left in her family and is still going strong. I told her tonight that I love having her as our neighbor, again! The kids love going over and watching all the old shows {Andy Griffith, The Waltons, Little House, and Leave it to Beaver} and doing word find puzzles with grandma. Hallie is the best at them! She is also often referred to as "oreo" grandma. She always has Oreos for the kids.
{All her "greats" minus 3}
When it got dark the kids lit sparklers and played games by the fire. We tried to play telephone but because grandpa is deaf and the younger kids kept trying to mess it up to be funny it didn't work very well!
We love you, Grandma!
No comments:
Post a Comment