Saturday, September 7, 2013

Flashback/Our Trip to Seattle

Seattle
April 2013






























In April of this year Tom had to go to a conference in Seattle for work.  Henry told Tom to bring me along and that all expenses were covered!  How can you pass that up!  A paid vacation for 5 days!  The only problem was, I do not like to fly and leaving the kids that long.  It was the exact time we were supposed to be packing and out of our townhouse in 1607.  But, we decided we could make it work.  When was an opportunity like that ever going to come again! So we moved out early and got the gray house all unpacked and livable so that the kids and my mom could function.  We cleaned the townhouse and put most of what we own in storage.  Wahlah!  After all that, we were ready for a vacation!  It was hard to leave being that we have never left the kids that long and been that far from them but we knew they would have fun and be just fine without us.  So off we went to the airport!  Mary, the lady Tom works with went too.  She followed us to the airport since she was coming back a day early.  When we got to the airport we got on the plane and went to our next destination.  I cant remember what state it was but we had a delay because they had to repair the landing gear! ahhhh!  I tried to stay calm when they told us why we were going to be delayed  (since Mary was with us) but I thought I might die!  I was scared our plane was going to crash anyway, now I KNEW it was!  So, after like 3 or 4 hours they had them repaired and off we went.  I think our flight was like 6 to 8 hours.  It was long and scary but we made it!   When we got to Seattle we took a taxi to our fancy nancy hotel.  We stayed in the Fairmont Olympic Hotel.  It was beautiful and right in the middle of the city.  Once we checked in Tom and I decided we were starving so we walked to subway and each got a foot long and a drink and handed them the company credit card.  That was the best part of it all!  Everything we ate Henry covered.  AWESOME!  So we went back to the hotel and ate our subs in the huge king size bed!  The next day Tom had the conference to go to so I ate breakfast with them and then I had the day to myself. I was a little scared at first but was ok after I got used to where I was going.  I'm not good with direction plus people in Seattle are a little... different.  So I ended up going into Target for like an hour and walking around.   I went into a couple stores to look around and ended up calling Laura and wishing she were there to walk around with me at least while Tom was working.  So I didn't see to much the first day.  I just kinda took it all in.  The second day I went down to Pikes Market down by the water.  I got some really good food {i can't remember what it was called} and went down by the water to eat.  That was a little scary being that every homeless person in Seattle was there.  So I carefully walked by the man dancing like an indian {there was no music} and the guy that had a sign that said "need money for weed" and sat on a park bench next to a man in a sleeping bag and a very nice looking girl that I asked if I could sit by.  Interestingly, she happened to be a Mormon.  What are the chances!  She was an answer to a prayer!  We talked for a while then I had to get back to see if Tom was done.   That night, we all went to a nice dinner at the aquarium.  It was really fun!  Mary had the next day to tour around the city and see everything so we did everything she wanted to do.  We went on the space needle and walked around the city.    She left the next day and Tom and I had the day to spend together.  He didn't have to work, yeah!  We ate breakfast down at Pikes Market in this little place that overlooked the water.  It was beautiful and the food was delicious!  Then we decided to ride across the ferry to one of the islands.  The ferry ride was beautiful!  We walked all around the island and went out to eat.  They had all these fun shops to look in.  Lots of artsy stuff which Tom loves!  We spent most of the day walking around the island holding hands and talking.  It was heaven.  The weather was cool and breezy and very pleasant.  That night we had a nice dinner and relaxed.  The next morning we went to see the troll under the bridge on our way to the airport.  That was the last thing on our list of things to see.  Our vacation had come to an end.  We had such a great time!  It was kind of sad to leave even though we missed the kids a ton!   In the morning we gave them all their little goodies we brought them.  They got key chains for their backpacks, pencils, and a t-shirt.  They thought they were so cool!  Oh, and of course all the hotel soaps and shampoos.  Can't come home without those!  We were all so glad to see each other.  I think being gone made us all appreciate each other a little more.  I am so glad we had the chance to have a little getaway.  Sometimes you just need to have time to just be with each other and have no other distractions.  It was heavenly!  I love you Tom Teaman!  


Thanks Henry!



1 comment:

  1. awe, I'm so glad you got to go, Erin. A nice time to fall in love all over again, huh! Seattle is a really cool town, and yep, we saw alot of weirdos too. and it must be the tattoo capital of the world! Yikes......everyone was plastered with them! Sure wish we would have seen that gum wall. Darn it. not sure how we missed it. dad would loved to have gotten a picture of that!!

    ReplyDelete