Today was the kids first day off for Thanksgiving Break! Unfortunately, I still had to go into work. Usually I would've just had them go to moms to hang out but she had the Jones kids so Michael and Amanda could go on an anniversary overnighter! So, I thought I would just bring them with me. They had a blast running around in the back room covered in mirrors. They made up dances and danced to music, played racing games and spied on members of the gym working out. May helped fold towels which was a big help! It got us out faster! Now we are home watching movies, Hen is asleep on the couch, Tom is fixing a part on the car {story of his life these days} and is off the rest of the week, yeah! And we are trying not to eat TO much so tomorrow we can stuff our faces! {We just ate a whole pan of rice krispie treats!} Its pretty cold and rainy out so we are staying in. The Lillians are leaving bright and early in the morning to come eat Thanksgiving dinner with us. Can't wait to see them! Tomorrow it is supposed to be 40 and sunny. Perfect for eating in the barn! For Thanksgiving this year I am making mashed potatoes and 2 desserts {Merry Pie, the kids favorite, and a Spice Cake}. We are looking forward to watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade in the morning and putting up our tree tomorrow night! I LOVE the holidays!
No comments:
Post a Comment