Monday, November 25, 2013

Flashback/Bellefonte Elementary school

Jack's Kindergarten Class



 Jack and Mrs. Straley {Kindergarten Teacher}


 Jack and the Crossing Guard for the School. She loved our kids!








  Maylon and Maddie {Mays bestest friend in the world!}
 Mays last day of School

 Mays 3rd Grade Class {Mr. Montgomery}
 Hallie and Henley's 2nd Grade Class {Mr. Witmer}
Last Day of School




I have to explain this last picture. This boy had just moved to Bellefonte and really took a liking to May. On the last day that our kids had at the school I went in to take pictures and let them say their goodbyes. Well, this kid {I'll have to ask May his name later} wanted to get Mays number. So, being the polite girl she is and not wanting him to feel stupid, she gave it to him. Well, when we got home he called her right away! I answered and when I told May who it was she quickly says " tell him I'm not here". So I said she would have to call him back later that she wasn't there. So a little while later May says, "Mom, should I call back now?" So she did and when he picked up they had nothing to say to each other. It was complete silence. So, I was standing right there and tried to give her some conversation starters but, that didn't really help. So they hung up and never talked again. I had to tell the story because it was so funny how this little boy really took a liking to May and it was so obvious! He actually wanted a picture of just them. It was hilarious! May really liked his bangs!!

I love the time that we had in Bellefonte and often think about what it would have been like if we had stayed. We have so many great memories their but it never felt like home. Not to either of us. I'm so glad to be back in Virginia where they can be close to at least some family.{We wish it could be both!} I loved growing up here and I'm glad I get to raise my kids not only in Virginia but on the same grounds I ran around on as a little kid. Sometimes when they are running around outside I think about  how I did the exact same things they do. This little piece of land is where I grew up. It feels safe. I am so thankful for it. I am thankful that we can live here and raise our little family.








No comments:

Post a Comment