Wednesday, March 5, 2014

"Hokies" Conference


A couple weeks ago Tom went to Virginia Tech for a Leadership Conference for work. He was gone 10 days! That's the longest we've ever been apart since we have been married. We missed him so much! We skyped everyday and talked almost every break he had. He had a great time and learned a ton. He says he would go every 5 years if he could. He met some really nice people, ate some really great food all day everyday, got to go to a couple b-ball games, and went to church at the ward there. While he was there it snowed a ton. Good thing he didn't have to drive anywhere the first few days because his truck had snow up past the wheels. 

{Virginia Tech Hokies}



 We sent pictures back and forth the entire time he was gone. Isn't he a stud!


Me in the closet at work. So no one would see me , of course.




 The day he was coming home we were planning on throwing him a welcome home party. The kids wanted to hold signs as he drove down the driveway and make his favorite cake.(yellow cake,chocolate icing) But about 3 minutes after I picked up the kids from school I get this picture of him with a text that says, "I'm home". He beat us. We still celebrated with all the candy and snacks he collected the whole time he was gone. He had cups FULL.   We all hugged and talked and after about 10 minutes of him being home, it was like he never left. I am so lucky to have such an AWESOME husband who is so good to me and such a great dad. That's why when he is not here there is such an absence. He is our rock.

Ps. He got a really nice framed certificate and picture of everyone there at the conference but I will have to find them. I'm not sure where they are at and he's alseep.


3 comments: