{They have a live nativity with live animals}
{Riggs Family}
{They had over 160 Nativities set up}
This weekend was cold and wet. Saturday morning we woke up to rain and very low temperatures. It was the perfect day to stay inside, watch movies and get cozy. However, after about one hour of the kids running around crazy we decided to take them up to the church so they could get their energy out. The Bush's, two Cottle children and Henley's friend, Issac went with us. The kids had so much fun playing kickball, football, basketball and Win Lose or Draw. Our plan to wear them out worked! As soon as we got home Hallie and Henley fell fast asleep and Jack did too, eventually. May went to the Cottles to play, so our house was quiet. I made cookies for the Creche while Tom went out {jeans} hunting. That night we went to the Creche at the stake center. This is like the 4th or 5th year they have had it, and it is awesome! Mom and dad have been involved every year and do a fantastic job with setting up and decorating. This year, we invited the Riggs,a family we met while Henley played baseball. They thought it was great and saw people there that they knew, which was really cool.{small world} They are a great family! Maybe one day they will want to know more about the gospel.
During the night, local school choirs perform. Kendall sang with the Horsby Middle School choir and did great! Last year, I sang in the stake choir.This year, Josh, Skip and I performed two songs, {Little Drummer Boy and What Child Is This}. Josh played the drums for the Little Drummer Boy song. He was awesome. You can't sing that song without a drum. He only practiced one time and that's all he needed. It is effortless to him. And Skip, he will play whatever you want. He plays by ear so he can do anything. We were all nervous, not having practiced much, but, it turned out good and it felt good to sing. I love singing and I can feel the spirit when I do. I think I learn and feel more with music than I do anything. I have always loved it. I'm grateful for the ability to do it. It has brought me a lot of joy over the years.
No comments:
Post a Comment